Note from Karen: Miami workations updated December, 2020
Have you heard about the new thing, the Workation? It’s a new trend, a combination of “work” and “vacation”. You do your normal job online while being on a kind of vacation to change the scene, add some excitement, pampering and variety and change your routine. Select hotels and resorts all over the world are offering them for tourists, and the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau thinks it has appeal to locals too. As part of their Miami Shines Tourism Recovery Program, they’ve come up with a Work & Learn Remotely Program. These Miami Workations are special offers from more than 30 hotels, spas and attractions that are encouraging professionals to change their scenery to include a workspace at one of Miami’s many leading hotels. If you’re on the fence about doing it, check out a few of the special services and amenities you’d have access to in these Miami workations.
Consider hair and makeup options for virtual meetings and zoom lighting locations to look your best in those remote meetings. Children underfoot? Some hotels offer “after school” day camp services along with lunch/snacks and meals for kids and even an onsite tutor. Need some self pampering? You’ll have a spa steps from your room, like having a live in spa therapist. Other hotels are setting up poolside workstations. Then, many are throwing in extra perks like free lunch daily, discounted food and beverage or a food credit, second room discounted, and free meeting room. One offers special rates daily, weekly and monthly.
Miami workation offers are available from now well into 2021! Here’s a sampling of what you can expect:
- Office with an Ocean view at Cadillac Hotel & Beach Club–Book a guest room as your office for the day. Rates include: Business center services (printing/copies), Wi-Fi, Unlimited Nespresso coffee with in-room coffee maker, access to gym/pool, complimentary bottle of wine. $129/day
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach: One of Miami Beach’s most notable hotels, Fontainebleau Miami Beach, is rolling out the “bleau” carpet with an assortment of Extended Stay Packages providing special pricing on stays starting at 15 days or more and up to 90+ days. Extended Stay Packages also include resort credits ranging from $100 to $500, giving flexibility to those staying for work or play.
- Shelborne South Beach: Visitors can make it a family affair at the Shelborne South Beach in 2021. The hotel’s Family Fun & Getting School Work Done package features highlights like complimentary access to Shelborne’s classroom style private room for remote learning, high-speed WiFi, “after school” complimentary cabana rentals and more. Reservations can be made by calling 305-531-1271.
- The Ritz Carlton South Beach: Fuse remote work with spectacular views of the ocean and unparalleled service at The Ritz South Beach. “Workcation” travelers can book the Stay Longer With Us package and enjoy 20-40% off stays that are four or more consecutive nights. Their team will even set up a full remote work or class room set up upon arrival, upon request
- Office with a View of Biscayne Bay- Miami Marriott– Package includes guest room from 8-6 pm, Wi-Fi, self-parking, complimentary coffee, 10% discount on food/beverage.$74/day
- Work from Mandarin Oriental, Miami–Book a guest room as your office for the day, includes Wi-Fi, printing facilities, dining credit, access to the Fitness center, and more.
For a list of all of the hotels click here.