By: Jennifer Agress and Yours Truly
Foodies, garden lovers, sports buffs, and the health and fitness obsessed will find plenty of cool things to do in Miami in March. To whet your appetite literally and figuratively, there’s the Dessert Wars Miami, the largest dessert festival in America taking place in Wynwood. Check out the list in two parts. Here’s Part 1.
MIAMI HEALTH & WELLNESS MONTHS
All Month Long
Get healthy, Miami! Part of the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau’s Miami Temptations Program, which is a year of monthly, themed promotions and special events, Miami Health & Wellness Months is a celebration of—you guessed it—health and wellness. From now to March 31st, 2020, Miami’s top fitness centers, spas, medical centers, outdoor activity facilities and more will offer special deals on different exercise classes, holistic treatments, sports events, weight loss programs and health and fitness activities for all ages and skill levels. This is the last month to take advantage, so don’t miss out! Locations, prices and parking options vary by event. Click here for more information about participating facilities and offers.
37TH-ANNUAL MIAMI FILM FESTIVAL
Friday, March 6th to Sunday, March 15th
Back for its 37th year, Miami Dade College’s Miami Film Festival brings together 300+ new and established filmmakers, producers and talent in international and Ibero-American films from 40+ countries. Throughout the week, hundreds of feature films, documentaries and shorts will be debuted, and over $150,000 in cash awards will be given to the geniuses behind the festival’s top screenings. This event regularly attracts 45,000+ people, and trust us: you want to be one of them. Miami Film Festival screenings will take place at different venues throughout Miami. Tickets and packages vary and can be purchased here. Parking varies by location and event.
DESSERT WARS MIAMI
Saturday, March 7th
You can experience the largest dessert festival in America, right here in Wynwood! Taking place at Soho Studios, Dessert Wars Miami brings the nation’s best dessert vendors together to compete for the title of “Dessert Champion.” Here, expect to see (and taste!) every kind of sweet you could crave, like cupcakes, cookies, different kinds of ice cream, donuts and more. Attendees will get the chance to vote for the champion of their choice, and will leave with a “go-box” that they can fill with their favorite treats. Stay until the very end—the winner is announced that same day, during an exciting trophy ceremony! Some of the vendors include: Funnel Cake Miami, iHeart Cookies & Cakes, Milky Way Cereal, Official Edibles and Phenonenom. Soho Studios is located at 2136 NW 1st Avenue. Tickets start at $35 and can be purchased here. Street and lot parking are available nearby.
Veuve Clicquot Weekend Miami
Thursday, March 12 to Sunday, March 15
Enough of the talk about Prosecco, let’s indulge in champagne for the weekend, a break from the madness in the world. Veuve Clicquot, has everything planned for you champagne lovers. Here’s the rundown of what’s happening, when:
- Thursday, March 12
- The Standard Spa (5:00pm-7:00pm): Kick off Clicquot Weekend Miami with Yellow Hour at The Standard Spa – the best way to commence Veuve Clicquot’s unique joie de vivre celebrations while sipping on Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label during Yellow Hour
- Seaspice (6:00pm-12:00am): Soak in fabulous views of Miami’s downtown skyline while enjoying plenty of Veuve Clicquot for a retro, chic French dinner, featuring a 3 course menu paired with Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label and Non-Vintage Rosé. Visit Seaspice.com to book your reservation
- Friday, March 13
- The Standard Spa (5:00pm-7:00pm): Take in the Friday afternoon sun while enjoying Veuve Clicquot during Yellow Hour at The Standard Spa
- Amara at Paraiso (8:00pm-11:00pm): Join Veuve Clicquot at Amara’s stunning rooftop for a La Grande Dame dinner showcasing the house’s pinot-noir driven prestige cuvée, alongside gastronomy pairings such as crispy octopus with braised yuca and grilled escarole with chili oil and lemon. Tickets are available for purchase here
- Saturday, March 14
- La Côte (11:00am-7:00pm): Spend the afternoon with Veuve Clicquot at La Côte’s day party! Enjoy chef prepared bites, live percussionists, DJ, special effects and Veuve Clicquot features
- The Standard Spa (5:00pm-7:00pm): Take in the Saturday afternoon sun while enjoying Veuve Clicquot during Yellow Hour at The Standard Spa
- The Restaurant at The W South Beach (7:00pm-10:00pm): Enjoy an evening of Veuve Clicquot Rosé and grilled delights on the terrace at The Restaurant at W South Beach. A featured menu will be offered with Veuve Clicquot Rosé available by the glass and bottle. Reserve your table by calling RWSB at (305) 938-3112
- Sunday, March 15
- 1 Hotel South Beach (12:00pm-3:00pm): Start your Sunday morning off right with a yoga practice by Anatomy from 12:00pm-1:00pm, followed by lunch at 1 Beach Club featuring Veuve Clicquot. Not a yogi? Not a problem! Feel free to drop in for a Veuve Clicquot lunch beginning at 1:00pm. Purchase you tickets here
- Riverside (7:00-11:00pm): Close out Clicquot Weekend Miami with Veuve Clicquot’s Yellow Screen movie showing of There’s Something About Mary beginning at 8:00pm. Arrive early for Veuve Clicquot features and bites available for purchase. Movie showing is open to the public and complimentary
Friday, March 13th to Sunday, March 15th
Spend a weekend in the fairytale-like gardens of Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden during the annual Orchid Garden! Perfect for plant enthusiasts and locals seeking a beautiful day out in Miami, this festival showcases more than 10,000 different orchid plants from all over the world. Pick your poison: there are exhibits, lectures, orchid demonstrations and fun, interactive hands-on activities, as well as The Million Orchid Project STEMLab, a mobile botanical propagation laboratory where participants can work alongside Fairchild’s conservation team as they examine orchids under the microscope. Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden is located at 10901 Old Cutler Road. Tickets are priced at $25 for adults, $18 for seniors and $12 for kids (ages 6-17), and can be purchased here. Kids 5 and under get in free. Parking is available onsite.