Have you heard about the new thing, the Workation? It’s a new trend, a combination of “work” and “vacation”. You do your normal job online while being on a kind of vacation to change the scene, add some excitement, pampering and variety and change your routine. Select hotels and resorts all over the world are offering them for tourists, and the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau thinks it has appeal to locals too. As part of their Miami Shines Tourism Recovery Program, they’ve come up with a Work & Learn Remotely Program. These Miami Workations are special offers from more than 30 hotels, spas and attractions that are encouraging professionals to change their scenery to include a workspace at one of Miami’s many leading hotels. If you’re on the fence about doing it, check out a few of the special services and amenities you’d have access to.
Consider hair and makeup options for virtual meetings and zoom lighting locations to look your best in those remote meetings. Children underfoot? Some hotels offer “after school” day camp services along with lunch/snacks and meals for kids and even an onsite tutor. Need some self pampering? You’ll have a spa steps from your room, like having a live in spa therapist. Other hotels are setting up poolside workstations. Then, many are throwing in extra perks like free lunch daily, discounted food and beverage or a food credit, second room discounted, and free meeting room. One offers special rates daily, weekly and monthly.
Miami workation offers are available from now through December 2020 in most cases, with others available into August, 2021! Here’s a sampling of what you can expect:
- Office with an Ocean view at Cadillac Hotel & Beach Club–Book a guest room as your office for the day. Rates include: Business center services (printing/copies), Wi-Fi, Unlimited Nespresso coffee with in-room coffee maker, access to gym/pool, complimentary bottle of wine. $129/day
- Work and Learn Remotely from the Kimpton Hotel Palomar South Beach-Day Use guest room offer complimentary coffee, rooftop pool deck access, high-speed Wi-Fi and TV streaming capability.
- Ritz-Carlton, South Beach Work and Learn Remotely Package-
- Reserve a spacious, newly re-imagined one, two or three-bedroom suite at The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach. Luxury cabanas are also available for a break or alfresco office.Full remote office set up, with printer, office supplies and remote presenter kit is also available.
- Office with a View of Biscayne Bay- Miami Marriott– Package includes guest room from 8-6 pm, Wi-Fi, self-parking, complimentary coffee, 10% discount on food/beverage.$74/day
- Work from Mandarin Oriental, Miami–Book a guest room as your office for the day, includes Wi-Fi, printing facilities, dining credit, access to the Fitness center, and more.
- Day Stay at the Standard Spa, Miami Beach–Book a day stay (from 10am-4pm) with access to amenities, workspaces and eateries at the Standard Spa.
Combine a stay with deals in Miami spas and restaurants with Miami Spice through September, 2020.